anyone in need of a guard instructor/choreographer?

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

tara8301
Rookie
Rookie

anyone in need of a guard instructor/choreographer?

Post by tara8301 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Hey all,

as some of you may know I stepped down from instructing this past year because I moved two hours away. I now live in San Jose and have had a whole year off. I am finding my self fighting with boredom at times :whistle: . Therefore, I wanted to maybe get back into the scene.

I instructed Atwater High School for eight years (2001-2008) and Winton Middle School for about three years (2001-2004). I was in guard all through high school, a year in junior high, twirled baton before that, I even did a year on the blue devils winter guard. I currently teach the sixth grade at Ryan Elementary in the Alum Rock Union School District (which is on the East Side, but I am willing to travel a little bit).

If any of you know of any openings, or if you have an opening and are interested please let me know. I appriciate it greatly!
"This is LIFE, this is not a dress rehearsal"

kjohnson

Re: anyone in need of a guard instructor/choreographer?

Post by kjohnson » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:34 am

I have a tech job open at California High School in San Ramon, if your interested email me at kjohnso@calhigh.net

MaestroOfBandX
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MaestroOfBandX » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:01 am

Too bad your're not in SoCal. I have a guard cap head position open.

Just a thought for you to fill your time. You could still perform. Is there a world winterguard near you? Or you could fill your summertime as part of a DCA corps. The Renegades are fairly close to you.

Good luck, I hope you find whatever you want.
---Bob---
"Some people are like Slinky's.......Not really good for anything, But they bring a smile to your face when you push them down some stairs!!!"

tara8301
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tara8301 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:14 pm

yep i was contemplating the renegades but then realized that I committed my self to a wedding the week before champs... so i couldn't be at practice due to the wedding and parties two weeks prior to champs... kind of a bummer honestly!
"This is LIFE, this is not a dress rehearsal"