Happy 40th Chino Invitational!

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

mkbooboo2
New Recruit
New Recruit

Happy 40th Chino Invitational!

Post by mkbooboo2 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:14 pm

Hope tomorrow is an Incredible Day for all. Thanks to Mr. Rhoda, Mr. Nelms, Mr. Bowden, Mr. Stratton, Ms. Wroten, Mr. Smith( and all previous directors). Thanks to the hundreds of hard working and dedicated band boosters over the years(my Mom and Dad included), and all the Chino HS and Magnolia Jr. High students that have worked their butts off to make this one of the best Reviews and best Experiences for all the thousands of young people who have marched proudly down Riverside Drive over these many years! Here's to another 40!

Good Luck tomorrow Everyone!
Matt Kolbenstetter
Chino HS Class of '87

mkbooboo2
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Happy 40th Chino Invitational!

Post by mkbooboo2 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:16 pm

forgot Mr. Jackson.....sorry
Matt Kolbenstetter
Chino HS Class of '87

mkbooboo2
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mkbooboo2 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:06 pm

GEEZ....another mistake.....sorry Mr. Rodda.....and thanks Mr. Hausey
Matt Kolbenstetter
Chino HS Class of '87

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Thanks to Chino for being there in my junior year, November, 1982, first time out as drum major (mace) for the Pasadena High School Marching Band--being sooooooo nervous, and doing a perfect roll off....beating time....flourishes and rifle tosses and a half moon....snap the salute......TO THE WRONG LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My salute was like.....293/6. I NAILED THE SIX!!!! LOL!!!! Larry Martin was the DM judge that year, and little did I know that 3 short years later I would be HIS drum major at PCC.

Chino has a VERY VERY special place in the heart of The H. And I'm very appreciative of Mr. Rodda's absolute SUPERHUMAN commitment to making this show happen, year in, year out. Great job Dennis. You are one of those legends out there that makes southern California marching band soooooooooooooooo damn good!!!

ROCK ON BROTHER!!!

dr
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by dr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:01 pm

pshaw! :oops:

I couldn't do it alone! I have some unbelievable help from the parents, alumni, staff, and students, not to mention a core Chino Invitational Committee that is more awesome than anyone can imagine. :bow:
Semper Musicus
800M miles/hour! It's the law!