Found Song I was looking for

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

hawaiiandave

Found Song I was looking for

Post by hawaiiandave » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Aloha,

I'm known as Hawaiian Dave or Pineapple when I was in Chino's marching band in 72-74.
Thanks for this site. I was racking my brain trying to remember a song that won sweepstakes at a couple of competitions we competed in.

In the spring of 74 I believe they held a western band review in the parking lot across from Disneyland and we were one of 10 bands invited to come and perform for a group of band directors from across the US.

That year our band took a couple of sweepstakes and we weren't too shabby. Of course, the powerhouses were still Loara from Anaheim and Arcadia's Band from Arcadia. We ended up scoring the third best score in that competition behind those two bands. Doing that against 10 of the top marching bands in southern calif. was an honor! I loved our friendships and discipline we learned through our participation in marching Band.

Thanks to Mr. Nowak I got to march in the front rank and play Treble Clef Baritone. Great Experience!

Thank you Mr. Nowak and Waha!!!

PGOK
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: Found Song I was looking for

Post by PGOK » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:52 pm

I believe 73-74 was Barnum and Baileys Favorite by Karl L. King.
“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”

— Groucho Marx

YCKim
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Found Song I was looking for

Post by YCKim » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:50 am

Dean, the stuff you know and remember about bands is truly astonishing! You are a great resource for the rest of us feeble minded mortals!