Anybody interested in performing in Shanghai/Beijing?

Announce and promote upcoming pageantry events and activities

Moderator: Bandmaster

hhscenter

Anybody interested in performing in Shanghai/Beijing?

Post by hhscenter » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm not actually into colorguard/winterguard/marching band, etc., but I am from the U.S. and currently working as the program coordinator for HHS International Cultural Exchange Center in Beijing, China. They have asked me to help them recruit groups for a group program that centers around a performance at this year's Shanghai Tourism Festival, which is an international celebration held in Shanghai every year. We're looking for large groups of about 20 members, or more. Originally, my boss thought it would be good to look for musical performances, but a lot of my friends in high school were involved in colorguard and marching band, so I mentioned it. I told him how visual and exciting a colorguard peformance is and showed him some pictures. He thought it was a really good idea, especially since it is new to a lot of Chinese people. I'm really not trying to spam your forum, I just wanted to offer an opportunity to a group that I thought might be interested.

The program is actually 12 days in Shanghai and Beijing. After the performance in Shanghai, participants will have a chance to visit a lot of different educational and cultural sites, such as the Shanghai Museum and the Great Wall of China. There will be other, smaller scale performances scheduled after the Festival ends as well.

Groups must be a minimum of 20 people. There is no age restriction, but we prefer that only 2-3 chaperones or other non-performers be allowed to accompany the group. The program cost is $690 USD per person, which includes ALL expenses except airfare and visa application fees. We are also offering a Shanghai + Luoyang program, which is only $390 USD per person. You can view a tentative itinerary for both programs on our website. Participants will arrive on September 10, 2009 and return home on September 21, 2009.

If you think about it, $690 USD is a great price for a 12-day trip to China, and $390 is even better. It's a good program for high school or college-aged kids to get out and see the world while also doing something they love.

If you are interested, please visit this link on our website to learn more: http://hhscenter.com/en/item.asp?ClassID=120. For questions or registration, contact me at klduffy86@hotmail.com or the program coordinator, Shan Xie, at narulbora@hotmail.com.

Thanks for reading!