I am honored to announce the 5th Annual Riverside King Band Review
. The event is scheduled for Saturday, October 17, 2009.The deadline for returning the application is Monday, September 28, 2009.
If you are considering attending please call to advise me. Delays in the mail and in district office processing frequently happen. I can hold a space up until the September 28 deadline.
This early season event is a great opportunity to “work out the kinks” and/or refine your performance in preparation for the remainder of the season, most notably through the judges’ comments, in a real band review environment, not a parade.
The event features the following:
• Beautiful, tree-lined residential area
• Extra-wide street
• Full SCSBOA Judges Panel, including 2 music judges
• Band, Drill Team, Auxiliary, and Drum Major Competitions
• HS and JHS/IS/MS Adjudication and Awards
• Hosted by the award-winning Riverside King Kingsmen Band and Color Guard
• Free spectator admission
• Entry Fee - $175 (additional $75 for Drill Team)
• Short parade route (1.1 miles)Great news! The Riverside King Band Review will be free of the usual scheduling conflict with ACT testing for 2009-2011! For those years, there are five Saturdays in October, so the ACT testing is scheduled for the following Saturday – October 24 for 2009. Now there is no excuse for missing this great event!
Have a great summer and I hope to see you on October 17.
Application and Information Sheet now available for download on the Riverside Kingsmen website at:http://riversidekingsmen.org/newsletter.html
and the SCSBOA website at:http://www.scsboa.org/calendar_links/ri ... kingBR.pdf
For questions, to request an application, or to reserve a spot in the event contact Band Review Chairman Dennis Rodda at firstname.lastname@example.org