My Immortal: The Vampires of Berlin

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Drumlaw80
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Drumlaw80 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 pm

http://www.vampiresofberlin.com

A supernatural adventure novel by Lee Rudnicki, former member of the Vanguard, Garfield Cadets and Crossmen

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: My Immortal: The Vampires of Berlin

Post by LoyalTubist » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Since this is a band forum this seems like a good place to interject something about some of my personal history...

Between November 1979 and January 1982 (although I actually left before Christmas 1981--terminal leave), I was a member of the 298th Army Band in West Berlin. The barracks at the former Kaiser Academy had been used as a hospital for human body experiments in the 1930s and '40s. Not being a believer in ghosts, my room was the former "operating theater" which everyone who stayed there prior to my arrival said was haunted by weird looking ghosts. It was the biggest room in the barracks and I had it to myself until a fellow non-ghost believing soldier musician was assigned to the band about nine months after my arrival.

To me, this room was nice and peaceful. Sure, I knew about the bizarre experiments that took place there. I tried not thinking about it too much. I always slept very well at night. Well, my roommate often talked in his sleep. That's not as bad as someone who keeps his stereo turned up full blast at 3:00 AM.

Whenever my roommate and I were out of the barracks for any extended length of time, the other band members said a lot of weird stuff happened in that room. Lights flashed. There were screams. The door opened and shut (even though it was double locked). When we returned, the room always looked as good as it was when we left it.

Just some interesting stuff from my past.

:roll: :roll: