Do you know a quick and easy way to do those everyday things that are harder than they need to be? Post those ideas here!
First one ... how to peel a hard boiled egg.
1. Cover the eggs with water and boil on low for about 12 minutes
2. Cool the eggs by placing them in cold water with 1 teaspoon of baking soda and ice. The baking soda raises the pH level and reduces adherence. If you choose not to use baking soda, be sure to move the eggs into cold water with plenty of ice immediately after boiling
3. Crack the top of the egg and remove a small piece
4. Crack the bottom (wide end) of the egg and remove a small piece
5. Hold the egg in your hand and blow vigorously into the narrow end of the egg, which will expel it out the wide end. (For you brass players this should be easy since you blow anyway.)
6. Doesn’t get much easier than that! Just be ready to catch it when it comes out
Video on this link:http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/07/24/how-to-peel-hard-boiled-eggs-without-peeling.aspx?source=nl