My final curtain call

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

tao707
Rookie
Rookie

My final curtain call

Post by tao707 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:09 pm

This weekend will be the last review that I will ever be recording in full. Never thought it would be this much later than I expected. This will be a long rant, so brave yourself

A few things I want to say is that what some one told me this past weekend is the reason why I do what I do. You see all the big schools and power houses online and you see multiple videos from them, but you don’t see the smaller schools. That where I came in. To show off the other schools that don’t get a lot of love online.

I also recorded for the people who couldn’t make it to the review and want to see and hear how they did. Also the fact that I got tired of people barrowing my tapes and not return them. YouTube was a way to show off the tape without letting people barrowing them.

I know there are people who didn’t like what I was doing. (Look up Ncba Championships thread from 2009 in color guard)But I did it for the people whose couldn’t go to the competition and watch their childreN

In all this doesn’t mean I will ever record again. I may pop up hear and their. But I will not be there recording the whole review

JCabralBCHS
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: My final curtain call

Post by JCabralBCHS » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 pm

As a student all I can say is thank you,Thank you for uploading my school (Atwater) and my friend's school (Buhach) along with many other schools. It was really nice to see the livestream sometimes at competitions where my school wasn't competing. I wish you can keep recording.

peapod
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by peapod » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 pm

I always appreciate being able to see videos of band reviews I couldn't get to, or to be able to look at scores/recaps to learn what judges are seeing that I miss. Having said that, I didn't really see a rant. If it's being criticized or unappreciated, those people are out of line. It takes a lot of time and effort to do this for free. A lot of people watch and enjoy the videos and unfortunately don't think to leave thanks to the videographer. I Know there will be many people who will miss your videos.
Last edited by peapod on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Humpal
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Humpal » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 am

Tao707,
On behalf of the Buhach Colony High School Thunder Band, I would like to thank you for all of the WONDERFUL videos you have posted over the years! It is a Thunder Band tradition to e-mail the judges tapes and your video link every Sunday following the Band Review. Part of our growth during the season can be attributed to viewing YOUR educational videos and the Thunder Band is eternally grateful! Enjoy your retirement and I hope you enjoy a Band Review in the future without a lens in front of your eye...

:<)

cjh

Cardinal Regime
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cardinal Regime » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Sid...........Thank you for your time and dedication to the performing arts. I've enjoyed our many conversations over the years. There will always be a "spot" for you at CCBR.

Jim Bunselmeier
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jim Bunselmeier » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:36 am

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thank you for all of the videos you have posted over the years. It is a service to others who should appreciate the time you take to do this.

Luis
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Luis » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Sid,

Thank you for providing the wonderful videos for all of us to enjoy over the years. Because of your videos, it inspired me to go a couple times up north to watch and capture the wonderful performances of our NorCal groups and make new friends along the way. Take good care my friend.

-Luis

JRZ
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by JRZ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 am

I have always appreciated having my groups being recorded. As a director of smaller bands, (San Benito for 15 years and now Tokay), your videos have been a great learning experience and training tool for the development of the programs.

Maybe, (hopefully), I'll see you around. SO dont be shy to say hi as we continue in this wonderful activity of band and pageantry.

Thank you for all you've done and all you do. :bow: