Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

2021 BANDS OF AMERICA SCHEDULE

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:32 pm

September 18th, 2021
Central Ohio (site TBD)
McAllen, TX - Veterans Memorial Stadium
Powder Springs, GA - McEachern H.S. (site tentative)

September 25th, 2021
Austin, TX - Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex
Clarksville, TN - Austin Peay State University
Dayton, OH - Welcome Stadium
North Houston, TX - Woodforest Bank Stadium, The Woodlands

October 2nd, 2021
Arizona (site TBD)
Midland, TX - Grande Communications Stadium
Toledo, OH - University of Toledo (site tentative)
West Houston, TX - Legacy Stadium, Katy

October 9th, 2021
Cedar Falls, IA - University of Northern Iowa (site tentative)
Dallas, TX - Pennington Field, Bedford
Mid-Atlantic (site TBD)

October 16th, 2021
Jacksonville, AL - Jacksonville State University
Lynchburg, VA - Liberty University (site tentative)
Orlando, FL - Camping World Stadium

October 22nd & 23rd, 2021
Indianapolis, IN Super Regional - Lucas Oil Stadium
St. Louis, MO Super Regional - The Dome at America's Center

October 30th, 2021
Johnson City, TN - East Tennessee State University (site tentative)
Waco, TX (site TBD)

November 5th & 6th, 2021
San Antonio, TX Super Regional - Alamodome
Utah (site TBD) (November 6th only)

November 11th, 12th, & 13th, 2021
Grand National Championship - Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: 2021 BANDS OF AMERICA SCHEDULE

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Schedule changes from prior season (2019):
+ added second show in metro Houston
- no show in California (yet announced)

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JLGORMAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:56 pm

The times and dates seem OK with the exception of the 30th of Oct. UIL has announced that the Preferred dates for Class 2A, 4A, and 6A Area Contests for 2021 will be on 30 Oct. The class 3A & 5A Area Contests will be on the 23rd of Oct. Since next year will be the second year (after this fall) that all Classes will have Area Contests, I have to believe that very few 4A & 6A Bands will get a Pass to go to Waco and miss their Area Contest. This year has changed a lot of opinions about BOA & US Bands especially in the Class 6A Group. Only 79 schools in that class entered Marching Contest this year. It will be interesting, but will depend upon the health of the Students and if the Dates are moved back to later times as they did this year.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

MusicEducator_25

Post by MusicEducator_25 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:10 am

I wondering when they will be announcing a California date/event?
Ms. Elizabeth Ortiz

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JLGORMAN » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:05 pm

I have to wonder if BOA understands the School Band Situations throghhout the nation. For example they have scheduled their Super Regional Contest for San Antonio for 5 and 6 Nov. This same period comes into conflict with UIL which their state Maching Contest on 8,9 &10 Nov and the Class 1A,2A & 3A Marching Contest on 2& 3 Nov at the Alamodome. I do not think many of Class 1A-3A Bands will even consider BOA that leaves the majority of their Band being from 6A. Bands from San Antonio and Austin may show up, because they are a short drive.Bands from the rest of the State would have to stay over, and with the SMC being the 8,9,10 the great majority of 6A Bands will have to stay overfor SMC, I sincerely doubt that Many Bands in the Class 6 A group with make this trip. Most schools do not have the funds for 2 over night trips(away from school to boot). UIL will always SMC. Why does BOA not recognize this. TX has more Bands than any other State competing in BOA, but they always lose Bands because of their lack of interest in our Bands schedules and the UIL.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:49 pm

JLGORMAN wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:05 pm
I have to wonder if BOA understands the School Band Situations throghhout the nation. For example they have scheduled their Super Regional Contest for San Antonio for 5 and 6 Nov. This same period comes into conflict with UIL which their state Maching Contest on 8,9 &10 Nov and the Class 1A,2A & 3A Marching Contest on 2& 3 Nov at the Alamodome. I do not think many of Class 1A-3A Bands will even consider BOA that leaves the majority of their Band being from 6A. Bands from San Antonio and Austin may show up, because they are a short drive.Bands from the rest of the State would have to stay over, and with the SMC being the 8,9,10 the great majority of 6A Bands will have to stay overfor SMC, I sincerely doubt that Many Bands in the Class 6 A group with make this trip. Most schools do not have the funds for 2 over night trips(away from school to boot). UIL will always SMC. Why does BOA not recognize this. TX has more Bands than any other State competing in BOA, but they always lose Bands because of their lack of interest in our Bands schedules and the UIL.
I think your perception of BOA in Texas is outdated. BOA is booming in Texas, they just added yet another regional in the state this year. In fact, virtually every Texas regional always fills up and BOA has to turn bands away. Texas alone has eight BOA regionals this year, the rest of the country only 13 total. BOA San Antonio is always the first weekend of November and never has attendance issues.

There are already 74 bands signed up for BOA San Antonio (per Jeremy Earnhart on the BOA Staff Call on Wednesday), including most of the 6A heavy hitters. And, in fact, there are several bands that are doing both BOA San Antonio AND BOA Grand Nationals in Indianapolis the next weekend. Ronald Reagan, Round Rock, Claudia Taylor Johnson, Vista Ridge, The Woodlands, and Marcus are all doing both shows.

This might be blasphemy, but I think most of the top 6A bands in Texas prefer BOA over UIL for marching band.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:50 pm

MusicEducator_25 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:10 am
I wondering when they will be announcing a California date/event?
No California or Arizona show this year. St. George, UT is the only BOA show in MST/PST.

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JLGORMAN » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:30 pm

It sounds great to hear about how so many Texas HS Bands will be at the BOA events, however COVID is hitting us Hard. You might want to look at the Texas Yellow Board to see what the real situation is. The number of schools being hit by this is large. Even if most come out this, the Bands will be much weaker in their performances due to loss of members. I also have to believe with the numbers of students and Directors being hit by this, the thoughts of going to Large events is going to be questioned . Working with school boards concerning Band travel, remember this, The School systems decide if a Band can travel to outside areas. Even if the Boosters Raise Funds, the School makes the final decision.