Pageantry Discussion Group Turned 25 This Year!

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pageantry Discussion Group Turned 25 This Year!

Post by Bandmaster » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:33 am

I was thinking about things earlier today and it hit me... this Forum is 25 years old!!! :shock: I started this Discussion Group way back in 1996 with the old WWWBoard CGI Script running the forum. I still have copies of all those old postings on a hard drive here in my office. I changed the forum over to the phpBB Script back in 2002. Unfortunately the last script upgrade didn't go well, and some of the functions got messed up and I wasn't able to figure out how to fix it. But we still have quite a few members still posting here nowadays that signed up way back when.

Even though the other big social media sites have diverted a lot of our traffic and Covid-19 shut the activity down for quite a while, we still have a large viewership according to the website stats. Only they just don't post here much anymore. Apparently they post elsewhere, but still come here to read what we have.

I just want to thank everyone that has signed up and posted to conversations over the years and to say Happy Holidays!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Luis
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: Pageantry Discussion Group Turned 25 This Year!

Post by Luis » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:35 pm

Dave, I don't know if I ever thanked you enough for this, but my YT channel videos generated a lot of traffic in terms of views due to being allowed to hyperlink them from here. THANK YOU for all you've done. I used to come here religiously and get all my "band nerd" news. I still do to some degree. This site continues to be a GREAT resource for many of us. Thank you again for everything and here's to 25 more years! :party: :clap: