Philippines on Parade

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Kuxica
Veteran
Veteran

Philippines on Parade

Post by Kuxica » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:31 am

While the Band Review Season has wrapped up in the rest of California, check out what’s happening in the Philippines

Someone must have attended Arcadia High school and borrowed the flag and music designs from them

https://youtu.be/b5k6pnSz5DY
" Don't compete to beat the other bands and get the trophies, instead compete to do better then before and then the trophies will come in." - Unknown

" I have one word for you, ' Loara'." - Rick Lorenzen 1996 at the Chino Band Review.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Philippines on Parade

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:56 am

There are some really neat uniform designs for some of those groups, but there must only be one marching instructor in the entire country. :P

Kuxica
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Philippines on Parade

Post by Kuxica » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:22 pm

I’m really impressed by how much they love doing their version of a band review. They’ve got so much talent over there, I wish they could manage to refine those skills they’ve got and allow it to grow even further. The one thing I have taken note of though, is that they LOVE performing an arrangement of March of the Women Marines and March Grandioso- along with a few other selections that are typical of SCSBOA and NCBA’s parade favorites. And then there are the Marching Band Pop selections that make it even more fun for the crowd.

I’m going to go there one day, and find out how they do all that…. Logistics has always been an issue for me when traveling to that country and dealing with the various event programs and their hosts, but I’m still impressed.
" Don't compete to beat the other bands and get the trophies, instead compete to do better then before and then the trophies will come in." - Unknown

" I have one word for you, ' Loara'." - Rick Lorenzen 1996 at the Chino Band Review.