Don't Forget Our Event Calendar!

Announce and promote upcoming pageantry events and activities

Moderator: Bandmaster

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't Forget Our Event Calendar!

Post by Bandmaster » Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:46 pm

Don't forget to post your event to our Events Calendar as well! Make sure you include all the really important information like the starting and ending time, the location, any directions if needed, performance lineup if available, ticket prices, and any other information that will encourage folks to attend your event! Good luck with your event!

Pageantry Events Calendar
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

MCalum

Events

Post by MCalum » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:04 pm

hmmm, I think you may be forgetting that there is another small gathering of bands to be held on the 16th. Somewhere in Arcadia I think, anyone else heard of it? :D

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Events

Post by Bandmaster » Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:49 pm

MCalum wrote:hmmm, I think you may be forgetting that there is another small gathering of bands to be held on the 16th. Somewhere in Arcadia I think, anyone else heard of it? :D
Hey, I didn't forget! But so far nobody has posted the lineup. I only transfer to the events calendar items that have been posted to the discussion group.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:01 am

Really? Where's the Lincoln HS-Stockton competition line-up? I don't see it anywhere? :cry:

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:24 am

Phantom Phan wrote:Really? Where's the Lincoln HS-Stockton competition line-up? I don't see it anywhere? :cry:
I know, I can't find it anywhere. The Lincoln Unified School District and Lincoln High websites are a joke! You can't find anything there. All I know is my niece's high school band will be there. I want to see if they remember how to march after I taught them M&M at their band camp last August.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:19 pm

Really? Which band? Are you going to be there, Dave?

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:39 pm

My niece goes to Oakdale High School, just east of Modesto. They are not a highly competitive band, but they still do a good job with the talent the have. The director is a really nice guy, but he is more into jazz band than marching band. But that's OK, he does a good job and the kids have a good time. I spent a week with then during their band camp. I was the first person to teach them some serious parade marching technique. They responded really well during band camp, but I am not sure how much it was reinforced during rehearsals since then. I hope they still remember some of what I taught them, I'll find out this weekend. So the answer is yes, I plan on being there. I'll probably follow the buses to Stockton, about an hours drive from Oakdale.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:52 pm

Ah yes, I'm familiar with Oakdale. They're regulars at Lincoln. They tend to be more active in the Spring (prolly becasue the Spring competitions are Parade, Concert, and Jazz) from what I've seen. Is Mr. Quintanal still directing?