Arcadia results

A place for student leaders, drum majors, section leaders, student council members, etc.

Moderators: dmcoach, nopsbs

blewbluebleu

Arcadia results

Post by blewbluebleu » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Congratulations to the Diamond Bar drum major on winning first place. But. I can't help but feel bad for Riverside King and Chino High School drum majors. In my eyes, and in those of many whom I conferred with, the Riverside King and Chino drum majors were much more deserving of winning first place. I understand that there are a few who disagree with me, but I honestly feel that the Diamond Bar drum major is still riding on the wave of past ones and the band behind him and is being outrageously overscored. Placing around 4th place, or maybe even 3rd, would seem much more accurate.
(I am an alumnus of Diamond Ranch high school, and therefore, do not have any allegiance to Diamond Bar, Riverside King, or Chino, and this is, of course, just my opinion)

tuba_king79

Re: Arcadia results

Post by tuba_king79 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:05 pm

I agree with you. Although I am a long time fan of Diamond Bar and I do believe that the band truly deserved all they won this year , it feels weird and wrong to just cast aside riverside kings and chinos drum majors like that. I thought nothing of it when i saw the scores on the WoP score page, but after seeing the videos on youtube, it seems clear to me that there was something fishy going on or inflation of scores for an individual drum major occurred...
Great job to all who competed this past weekend in field or on the street!

DAC-1997
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DAC-1997 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Having judged that event in the past, and knowing the 2 judges on the stand, I can assure you that we don't care what band a Drum Major is in front of. We watch and evaluate the Drum Major...not the school.

dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by dmcoach » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:42 pm

I disagree ^^^
Bryan Ray
Drum Major Instructor, Parade Advisor
Too many to list