Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

1000 Charts
New Recruit
New Recruit

2012 WGASC Evaluation Show at ANHS

Post by 1000 Charts » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Hello Guard enthusiast,

The WGASC Evaluation show is this Saturday, January 28, 2012 and will be held at Aliso Niguel High School in Aliso Viejo.

The show will begin at 6:30 pm. Come and enjoy the opening show of the season at ANHS. A great venue for guards to perform at.

See you there!

Dave Weinberg
ANHS Director of Bands
David G. Weinberg
Aliso Niguel High School
Director of Bands
==========================
"so let it be written, so let it be done"

Sonson888
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: 2012 WGASC Evaluation Show at ANHS

Post by Sonson888 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi, I had a quick question.

Does every single instructor have to pick up their staff badge at either of the 2 first evaluation shows only?

Last year I didn't participate in WGASC but it was a bit different the year before.

We all have to pick them up either of those 2 days?
Color Guard.... there's no way to define what the activity is.
The closest you can come to an explanation
Is by experiencing it.
Simple.
=)

GuardGuy05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by GuardGuy05 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:27 am

^That's how I understood it. Personally, I think it's the dumbest move on their part ever. Last year was the same way. I guess the $1 for shipping was too much for the $500 in dues to cover.

It just makes the circuit come across as not having any concern for the membership as a whole.

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:48 pm

yes they need to be picked up on one of those 2 days.

I'll happily pick up my passes and have that money they'd spend on postage go toward bringing in the top judges in the country, or how about offering a presentation by Shirley Dorritie about the new classifications and an overiew of the judging system. Or the multiple webinars they host each year offering education on topics from show design to floor painting. WGASC offers so much to it's members and the fees are pretty small in comparison.

Have a great season everybody!

GuardGuy05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by GuardGuy05 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:13 am

Ok, then raise the fee to cover the postage. With gas prices as high as they are, it costs the instructors far more than the cost of postage to go retrieve their passes. It's great for the 80 or so guards registered for those first two shows, but how about the other 300?

I have a feeling most units would pay an extra $5 to not have to go run after the passes. Considering how forward looking WGASC is in every other respect (scores online almost immediately, emailing judges commentary, etc) you'd think they could figure this one out.

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:37 am

They raise the fee and people will complain about that too. You can't please everyone I suppose. I suggest you file a proposal at the spring meeting to raise the cost and mail credentials again and let the membership decide.

Have a great season!

GuardGuy05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by GuardGuy05 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:06 am

Well, I don't have a WGASC unit anymore, so I'm not terribly worried about it. I just remember it being very annoying in the past to drive to a show my group wasn't attending just to get our passes. Especially since it seems it was always a 25+ mile drive.