Be a part of the Fremont Colorguard Summer Concert!

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Be a part of the Fremont Colorguard Summer Concert!

Post by guardthepiccolo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Announcing the 1st Annual Fremont Colorguard Summer Concert! This summer, be a part of a dance/colorguard concert at Fremont HS! The concert will be the first week in August (date TBD depending on facilities), and we are inviting outside groups to perform. If you have a scholastic or independent guard, and want to write a piece with your kids over summer and perform in our concert, we'd like to invite you to join us! Or even if you and a group of friends want to create a piece to perform, it doesn't have to be a specific group. Open to all kinds of dance and guard=] All you have to do is audition the piece with me(video works if we can't meet before), show up to a tech rehearsal, and then the concert. Performances can also be solos, Pas de Deux, trios, etc. It's probably safest to keep groups to about 10 members and under, as our stage isn't a full-size theatre.
The show will be "theatre-style" vs. in a gym, so there are lighting effects available, hence the tech rehearsal.
The idea is to allow colorguard members the opportunity to spin and perform over summer to keep up their skills, if they don't have the time/money for drum corps. If you are interested, message me and I will give you more details as I know them =]
Ben Wilkinson
Colorguard Caption Head
Fremont HS, Sunnyvale, CA
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Be a part of the Fremont Colorguard Summer Concert!

Post by guardthepiccolo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:25 am

The Concert will be held at the FHS Shannon Theatre on Friday, August 10, at 8pm. Dress rehearsals will be the two days before from 5-9pm.
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor