Rifles: An Endangered Species?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:53 am

Matadork05 wrote:
mRdJhay wrote:From what I understand the Disney theme parks even have rules that state you can't spin a flag. When we went to the Magic Kingdom we just carried our flags in a cradle, smiled and waved.
My schools guard went to DisneyLand two years ago, (and we are going back again this year) but we were allowed to spin flags, in fact we were not allowed to have rifles as they looked like guns. So we marched a huge flag line and our ID too.
thats what we did too. everyone on flag or banner. but we don't march rifle anyways so maybe thats why :wink: but we were allowed to spin! :)
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:33 pm

I am glad that we got to spin, but the routine was soooo easily....drop spin, stop, carve, drop spin, shasee, shasee, step leap, step leap....an occasional soutay just to throw in something different :roll:

Parade is our strong spot and i wish we could have performed a real routine, but because of the small streets and a large guard with big flags...it doesnt really work out to well.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".