Help!!!!

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

i_love_my_colorguard!i!i

Help!!!!

Post by i_love_my_colorguard!i!i » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:02 pm

:shock: ok i have no idea what to do my school has to winterguards one with my captain for colorguard and then the band "school" winter guard.....Well if i go with my captain we'll most likely win. But if i go with my school we wont....But i probaboly will have more fun in it and i get to be co captain...help what would you do in this situation? :x [/b]

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:04 pm

Personally, I would go with your schools guard, because it sounds like you would get way more out of doing a winterguard show with them. I mean, in my eyes, it's not all about winning, its more important to have fun and really enjoy your winterguard show. if you don't win with your schools guard it won't matter as much because you will know you had a blast performing and everything!!plus, you get to be co-captain, and thats quite an honor..one i wouldnt pass up if i were you. :lol:

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

it's really up to you :-S

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:05 pm

I think you should go with the "school" winterguard because there isn't much fun in joining a guard that will pretty much win everytime, I don't know your preference, but I like a challenge, so I would go with the 'school' gaurd. Also, by joining the 'school' gaurd you are helping other people become better and helping more people share the same love you do for guard, which is always a great feeling. (remember though, in the end the final decision is yours.)

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:46 pm

One of the freshman on my guard was afraid that there would be two guards this year (there won't be) and so she asked me if I would stay with her, versus going on the older guard. I would have no questions asked gone with the smaller guard, simply because I would have had more fun there. Even if we did and I was the only old member, my instructor would probably have still given us hard work, just to make us raise to the challenge. I would rather be on a small guard that doesn't win all the time, with people I love than be on a great guard that wins everything with people who hate me and put me down?

I'm a freshman for life. 8-)
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:50 pm

I would go with whichever group is going to have the more challenging show personally. I would rather have a difficult show that would help me grow as a performer.

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:37 pm

for the one thats not school who is gonna be the instructor? will there be any instructors. if not u may want to go with the one that will be more organized besides there wont be as much stress. i dont really know because my freshman year we had 2 guards and i was on the samller one that wasnt supposed to win and at first i was crused but the bonds that formed in the time that we had was the greatest ever and we all wanted to be there unlike the larger guard
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

colorguardchicken02

Re: Help!!!!

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:23 pm

i_love_my_colorguard!i!i wrote::shock: ok i have no idea what to do my school has to winterguards one with my captain for colorguard and then the band "school" winter guard.....Well if i go with my captain we'll most likely win. But if i go with my school we wont....But i probaboly will have more fun in it and i get to be co captain...help what would you do in this situation? :x [/b]
thats happening at our school too. i had debated about it 4 awhile but i decided to do the school one because it seemed like it would be more fun and that even tho itd be small itd be eaiser to control. and more orginized. thats my opinion, go w/ the more orginized 1.

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:43 pm

hey that sounds familier. Where do you live i_love_my_colorguard!i!i ? Cause that same exact thing is happenin at my school. Talk bout a coincidence geeze lol. :)

Nephthys
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help!!!!

Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:34 am

colorguardchicken02 wrote:
i_love_my_colorguard!i!i wrote::shock: ok i have no idea what to do my school has to winterguards one with my captain for colorguard and then the band "school" winter guard.....Well if i go with my captain we'll most likely win. But if i go with my school we wont....But i probaboly will have more fun in it and i get to be co captain...help what would you do in this situation? :x [/b]
thats happening at our school too. i had debated about it 4 awhile but i decided to do the school one because it seemed like it would be more fun and that even tho itd be small itd be eaiser to control. and more orginized. thats my opinion, go w/ the more orginized 1.
And we get to go into the band room...(Sorry, had to add that lol ^_^)
~ANIME FREAK~
*Walking on my dark trail under the Ebon Star*

Why does the plaque say Romona?