Exciting? Or... not?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

Exciting? Or... not?

Post by GuarDiva04 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:53 am

Do you ever wonder why people do colorguard for so long? Some people do it all four years of High School and it's satisfying enough for that to be it... some like to go on and further their passion for years to come. Is it really new and exciting every single year for all of you? I know me personally it is, a new year to reinvent myself as a performer... a new year so see all my favorite guards and what they decide to pull out! Any thoughts?
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:12 pm

I know some people feel burnt out, especially if they also performed in middle school, i can only imagine those who start in elemetry school! :shock:
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:57 pm

well i know my 1st year in guard was fun! :D

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:40 pm

yeah, i'm on my sixth year of guard right now, one more to go...im thinkin i might continue after i graduate..but yeah, i am getting a little burned out..but still, each year is something new and exciting..new people come and go, so that makes it interesting, and also its fun to learn new things and get better at spinning.

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Post by split5050 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:06 pm

i only marched 3 years in high school (freshman year I was in Drum Line), but I have been arround guard since about 94. My baby sitter back in the day was in Etiwanda's marching band an introduced my sister to the colorguard activity. NEHOW what I am trying to say is that I have never been "Burned out." Now that I am forced out of colorguard (I live in nowhereville Texas) all I have left is Drum Corps. Now that I am not participating so largely in winterguard I miss the activity terribly. There is something about colorguard that the activity as a whole is never the same. It is always different year after year. This unpredictability is what I have come to love. I dont think I will ever burn out. Nor do I think it is possible, rather I think it is a choice; however, not always a conscious choice.
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:57 pm

Yea I love Vanguards guard, they're soo awsome an like theyre like 10 times better than our guard lol. well anyways back to the topic. I've never done colorguard before but if it's anything like drumming then you could never get sick of it cause there are always new people coming and going and its like a new band each year. Also with every show you do you can only get better and learn new things. But I think marching in general is a blast and I would never get burnt out, even after I graduate Im going to go on and march corp till I age out. So theres my 2 cents :)

Nephthys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nephthys » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:01 am

Waterhead wrote:Yea I love Vanguards guard, they're soo awsome an like theyre like 10 times better than our guard lol. well anyways back to the topic. I've never done colorguard before but if it's anything like drumming then you could never get sick of it cause there are always new people coming and going and its like a new band each year. Also with every show you do you can only get better and learn new things. But I think marching in general is a blast and I would never get burnt out, even after I graduate Im going to go on and march corp till I age out. So theres my 2 cents :)
Better than us? *sniffle* j/k lol *hits head with flag* Yeah, okay I kinda see what your saying.... 8-)
~ANIME FREAK~
*Walking on my dark trail under the Ebon Star*

Why does the plaque say Romona?

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:05 am

Of course they're better than us, we have like 6 they have round 30 or 40. Thats like the size of our band :( sad.

Nephthys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nephthys » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:26 am

More makes it better? lol I know, I know...it kinda does, but we are small and uh...um.... CUTE!!!! Mwahahahaha feel the power of the cuteness of the tiny guard!!!!!!!!!! Bwahaha!! *cough* I'm done...
~ANIME FREAK~
*Walking on my dark trail under the Ebon Star*

Why does the plaque say Romona?