just wondering

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

cghonor
New Recruit
New Recruit

just wondering

Post by cghonor » Fri May 27, 2005 7:46 pm

Hey everybody, i was watching a WGI guard video in 1985 the other day, and noticed how we have changed from then and now, how colorguard has evolved. I dont think that we are necessarily better, i hink that there is just a different style clothing wise and in the way we present ourselves and our shows. I was just wanting to know if any of y'all have seen old guard videos and i want to know what your thoughts about them are! :wink:
'walk a little slower and open up your eyes...sometimes its so hard to see the good things passin by'

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

better now

Post by RifleLova » Sat May 28, 2005 12:56 am

I have and I like guard SO much better now with it's movement and all. But it seems as if there's a pattern..it's evolving into something else which i'm not liking.
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

LexieF2007
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by LexieF2007 » Sun May 29, 2005 9:18 am

wow its weird that you say that... i just watched old guards the other day. its seems like it used to be all about technique & drill, now its just anything. besides fantasia (2004) my favorite colorguard show ever (which i dont know the name of) is to the song "Hotel California" its awesome the floor is sectioned into 4 parts and they are all different colors and yeah... once i get the name ill post it on here! you should watch it!
www.myspace.com/LexieF07

La Quinta High School (SO):
04 ~ MONOPOLY (when we were in SA)
05 ~ KC and the SunShine Band
06 ~ Memoirs of a Geisha (Geisha show)

coronaguardguy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by coronaguardguy » Mon May 30, 2005 1:46 pm

The show you're referring to is Alliance of Miami 2004....thank you for your kind words :D

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: better now

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Mon May 30, 2005 9:14 pm

RifleLova wrote:I have and I like guard SO much better now with it's movement and all. But it seems as if there's a pattern..it's evolving into something else which i'm not liking.
Hmmmmm...I don't spend a great deal up on this portion of WOP but I decided to poke around in the guard forum to see what was up. Having spent a great deal of time as VP of Contests for WGASC in the early and mid 90's and having spent many many years announcing, I'm really curious if you'd like to expand on what you mean by this little statement. What are you not liking?

If you're not comfortable posting, email me or PM me. I'm really curious.

Thanks--

JenKozy
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JenKozy » Tue May 31, 2005 12:23 pm

I have a video of I think, Open class independant guards from 1990. My sister was in B.D, and that was the year that Raiders won with Romeo and Juliet. Any how... the BD show was great... they did Enya and Yani... I remember that being so mind blowing for me as a kid, that after seeing it, I knew I wanted to be in guard!

Of course, years later, I was inspired to start the winter program at my last school after seeing Logan's "Imortal Captive". Geez... I still get chills thinking about that show! :D
I am NOT too old for this!

I'd rather be Dreaming... in a tree.

mcskelton86

Re: just wondering

Post by mcskelton86 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:20 pm

coronaguardguy wrote:
Mon May 30, 2005 1:46 pm
The show you're referring to is Alliance of Miami 2004....thank you for your kind words :D
Does anyone have a link to this show? It is my favorite of all time and I want to see it and show it to my guard!