info on how to go to Dayton....

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

snareguy83
New Recruit
New Recruit

info on how to go to Dayton....

Post by snareguy83 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 am

Ive always thought it would be awesome to take a group to compete in Dayton. Never at the scholastic world level, probably scholastic a, but still, I think it would be a cool experience. However, I have no clue as to how my staff, and the band program/boosters can make this possible. Obviously it would take a huge support from the boosters to plan fundraisers and things of that nature, but I wouldn't even know where to start. How much would it cost? Flights, hotels. How does equipment get there? How do we even qualify to compete at prelims at Dayton? I know some of these questions might seem dumb to some of you from the bigger programs, but the area we live in just isnt able to do these types of things so often, if ever. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

weric2468

Re: info on how to go to Dayton....

Post by weric2468 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:17 pm

This article on the WGI website will answer a lot of your questions. You'll probably find most if not all of your answers on the WGI website.

http://wgi.org/contents/How-to-Enter-a- ... xZlnZY8rJf

Mark Stone
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark Stone » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Call me at school on Monday...I'm happy to help.
Mark Stone, Ayala High School

El Capitan

Post by El Capitan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Mark Stone wrote:Call me at school on Monday...I'm happy to help.
Hey Mark! I am also very interested. I know this post is sort of old, but does your offer still stand?

James