NCPA to "kill off" NCBA and CCGC?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

pittech
Veteran
Veteran

NCPA to "kill off" NCBA and CCGC?

Post by pittech » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:21 pm

So I've heard some really good things about NCPA. I actually hope to check it out next year. With the ongoing debates on score sheets, logistics, judging, etc... is it possible that NCPA will become (for lack of a better term) become the major league of Northern California? I know some some the major NCBA lines do 2 or sometimes all 3 circuits but it seems that the majority of the lines in NCBA (mainly the non open class) are either no interested in or are not sure how to make the jump into a WGI like circuit. Is it possible for NCBA to make some minor adjustments to progress to more WGI like progress but stay true to their ideals?
Calvin D. Carr
Director of Music -Pixley Middle School & Pixley Elementary
http://www.pixley.k12.ca.us

pmarr

Re: NCPA to "kill off" NCBA and CCGC?

Post by pmarr » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:26 pm

NCPA is a great circuit. They have a completely open forum where staff and directors can meet with the board members to discuss the direction that the circuit moves in. Throw in world class judges; Scott Johnson, Jeff Queen, Ralph Hardimon, Caleb Rothe to name a few, the kids are exposed to some of the best minds in the activity. Add to this great venues as well. What we do is hard enough in boxy, outdated gyms and facilities. I have yet to find a venue that wasn't pleasing. I encourage everyone to check it out as another option. I would hope NCBA would adopt a "current model" structure to what they do. The activity is growing beyond their willingness to change unfortunately. When NCBA notices their dwindling membership at Championships perhaps they will take action. I hope so.

snareguy83
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: NCPA to "kill off" NCBA and CCGC?

Post by snareguy83 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Actually, NCBA champs are huge. So i doubt they'll be going downhill anytime soon. However, CVGPC is pretty much done. They had about 12 groups at their championships...thats junior highs AND high schools together. I can see NCPA absorbing CVGPC and CCGC....not many competitive groups there anyways....