Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Mr Pageantry
Veteran
Veteran

A New Years Message From ADLA

Post by Mr Pageantry » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:52 am

Posted By Harvey Berish on behalf of Greg Perry and ADLA

Greetings to all Drum Lines,

The 2004 ADLA season is rapidly approaching and many of you have already sent in your applications and fees. Thank you so much for your timely attention. All show sites requested at the time of this email have been granted.

For those of you that still have not replied, I encourage you to get your applications in as quickly as possible. Several sites are almost at their limit and the application deadline was January 10, 2004. After this date, you can still apply but you risk not getting into the show sites you want and you will also incur the $50.00 late fee.

Steve Graves and Bill Polacek will be finalizing our training schedule very soon and we will post this information on our website for all member lines. This is an excellent opportunity for both directors and instructors to be involved with the ADLA Staff as we cover adjudication techniques, show coordination, musical arrangements and analysis, visual and general effect and many other topics that can help you and your students reach your desired goals. This is also the training session for new and current ADLA Adjudicators. If you are interested in attending, please email Steve Graves at MrGTeachr@aol.com. If you are interested in working as an ADLA Adjudicator, please email Bill Polacek at flamachk@verizonmail.com.

It’s also time to start talking to your students about the solo competitions. Solo & Ensemble competitions are held at all sites and your students can compete on a solo instrument or an ensemble of like instruments. This is a great motivational venue that also allows each student to grow as an individual and also provides a unique level of personal accomplishment.

Well, that should bring you up to date. I’ll be out of town the rest of the week but feel free to leave a voice message on the ADLA phone if you need anything and I’ll call you back when I return. For those of you hosting a show, the Host Handbooks will be mailed later this week. On behalf of the entire ADLA Staff, thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing all of you in the weeks ahead.

Best Regards,

J. Greg Perry, President
AMERICAN DRUM LINE ASSOCIATION

ADLA OFFICE: 909-270-0670 * Cell= 310-350-4270

www.amdrumassn.org