another death in an EMUHSD school...

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

thaiguy20fromla
Rookie
Rookie

another death in an EMUHSD school...

Post by thaiguy20fromla » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:29 pm

there was jackie lam in october from arroyo.

this is just word of mouth from all of my friends on myspace so far.
as u all now (people from EMHS) today a real bad and scary tragedy scurred during 4th period and 2nd lunch! An asian guy named Kevin Ho commited suicide next to the baseball field high up in a tree! Why? we still dont now! people plz dont be stupid and commit suicide for havin problems! talk to ur councilers or someone but plz dont panic our students!!! so think before u do something STUPID aight!
repost this has in loving memory of Kevin Ho

P.S
u might c this in the news on channel:7,9,11,13,34,54,52.....n so on!
apparently, a sophomore named kevin ho commited suicide right by the baseball field at El Monte High School.

my condolences to his family...
Director of Instrumental Music, South El Monte High School
Mountain View High School Viking Regiment Alum (2005-2009)

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:52 pm

sounds like both were vietnamese...
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:54 pm

When I came back from working overseas a number of years I had a student who came to school one day high. I reported this to the principal and he shrugged it off. ("At least the kid is coming to your English class. Yours is the only class he is attending.")

One day, the kid brought a pistol to school. I knew it but I didn't want him to know I knew it. I saw the principal again. Once again the principal shrugged me off. ("Look, Bill. I am tired of your complaining about this kid. He isn't hurting anybody. I won't hear anything you are saying.") I left his office by telling him that if anyone is hurt, it will be his fault. He just smiled. ("OK, Bill. Ha ha ha!")

That afternoon, after I went home, the custodian came to my classroom to mop the floor. The kid went to that classroom when the custodian went for a smoke break. He shot him self in the head twice. (I didn't think it was possible.) The custodian called the police.

The next thing I knew, that principal was on administrative leave.

Where, when, and why this happened are not important. What is important is that this is a much different world than we had, even ten years ago.

Don't be so ready to blame the principal. Maybe I did complain too much. Actually, his secretary commented that the only complaint I had was about that kid. Maybe I complained about him too much. Maybe I should have tried to intervene in some way before it got to the gun.

Or not. I am not that familiar with drugs. I am familiar with firearms. The drugs I can handle but not the drugs with the firearms.

Anyway, it is sad another student saw the chicken way out of life by killing himself.

:cry:

thaiguy20fromla
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thaiguy20fromla » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:23 pm

i just learned from my friend who's a friend of his that he hung himself from a tree.

apparently, kevin just broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years, had family problems, lost a cell phone, and lost a 200 dollar jacket.

will this turn into a thread about suicide? or spawn one?

i remember trying to hang myself in seventh grade, but the rope snapped when i was unconscious. i was on the floor, but i only saw darkness and felt absolutely nothing... i heard a voice saying that my time in life wasnt done, which was odd, because i'm buddhist.

that experience has given me an insight into life and religion.

after that, my life turned around. it took a while, but now, i'm as happy as i was when i was a fourth-grade kid.

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:29 pm

Girls, money, jackets, and telephones aren't why you live. I am so in debt now that if I committed suicide I would create more troubles than I already have.

I have lost everything in the last year and I am more optimistic than I have ever been in my whole life.

Kids, if you want to end your life somehow, don't act upon that feeling. Find an adult whom you deeply trust and you might find out what keeps him going.

I am here for the duration and intend to die a natural death.

thaiguy20fromla
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thaiguy20fromla » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:37 pm

yeah, if i lost my guitar and my skateboard, my two posessions with of the most emotional value, i would never kill myself.

even if i lost my cash.

now, i will try to be an optimist, even if i don't show it. i may act like a pessimistic emotional kid at school, but i will look at the bright side.

instead of "where's my guitar? where's my skateboard?" i'd ask "where should i start trying to get them?"

i posted a bulletin on myspace with some of my comments on suicide. i hope that it might someday stop someone from taking the final plunge...

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:26 am

There has been a few times I was suicidal, but the most prominent is right after my High School sweetheart broke up with me after 2 1/2 years. That was the most terrible pain in the world. The first time I had REALLY REALLY been in love. And it shattered my world completely. I came out of it alive, sometimes I wonder what kept me going. I have since changed my mentatily and outlook on life. Even reading books such as *gasp* Tony Robbins. Also I forgot the name of the author but "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" is a very good book if you need a positive mental attitude change. Biggest thing for me that has changed...instead of saying "I can't do this" I ask myself "How can I do this." You would be amazed how a simple change like that in everyday life can completely change your mentality and emotional stability.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:01 pm

Kinda off topic but the EMU of EMUHSD looks like EMO.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:23 pm

SUICIDE IS THE MOST SELFISH THING YOU CAN DO TO YOURSELF.

Carole Landis
Lupe Velez
Charles Boyer
Pete Duel
Freddie Prinze
Marilyn Monroe
Inger Stevens
Rudolf Hess
Kurt Cobain
Rob Pilatus
Scotty Becket
Iris Chang
Jeremiah Clarke
George Eastman
Brian Keith
Margaux Hemingway
Ernest Hemingway
William Inge
Dana Plato
George Reeves
Wally Wood
Gig Young
...and many others

http://www.whitewreath.com/

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:40 pm

Kurt Cobain
ahh dang it, he got his edit in to include Kurt Cobain, before I posted. Well anyways that's the name the comes first to my mind. I WANT MORE NIRVANA DANG IT.

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:46 pm

I also listed Iris Chang. This young woman was/is one of my favorite authors. She wrote The Rape of Nanking. Her life really wasn't half as screwed up as mine is right now, but she saw suicide as an easy way out. She took a ride in her car, then shot herself.

And don't blame the gun. I own a gun. I won't kill myself. If there is a will, unless someone intervenes, there will be a suicide.

You want to see something sad?

This is Iris' website. It is just like she left it when she died two years ago.

http://irischang.net/

:cry:

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:53 pm

I've actually considered purchasing a gun before but haven't done so for 2 reasons. 1.) I want a handgun not a shotgun, and in Utah (don't know about elsewhere) you have to be 21 to buy a handgun. and 2.) I don't want the temptation in case I ever end up in that emotional state again, I don't plan to and when I'm 21 I probably will get a handgun, but we'll see.

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:55 pm

You don't have to explain your feelings are your own in a forum like this. It's the wrong kind of apology.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:00 pm

I explain my feelings because I choose to, I'm not trying to apologize to anyone.

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm

A handgun should not be a temptation for suicide anymore than

• A bottle of Drano

• An automobile

• A leather belt

• A paper bag

• A hypodermic needle with air in it

• A can of gasoline

• A bottle of rubbing alcohol